Apink apologizes after bomb threat cancels fan signing event » Manila Bulletin Entertainment

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

Apink apologizes after bomb threat cancels fan signing event

By:

Published

K-pop girl group Apink apologized after their fan signing event in Korea was cancelled due to another bomb threat.

Apink members pose for a photo after their V Live broadcast on Jan. 6 (Twitter) /mb.com.ph

Apink members pose for a photo after their V Live broadcast on Jan. 6 (Twitter)

The girls were supposed to hold the event last Jan. 6 but a call was made to the venue that said an explosive was planted. The police evacuated the store and searched for any bomb. No explosive was found but the fan signing event was cancelled.

After the cancellation, Apink held an online broadcast on V Live to tell fans they were sorry for what happened.

“We apologize. A lot of fans were there, too. Sorry for not being able to see you,” the girls said and bowed to express their regret.

This is not the first time that Apink became the target of bomb threats.

Authorities believe that the person who called was the same person who made bomb threats numerous times against Apink in the past. They said the person is a Korean-American who is living in Canada.

Back in June last year, the same man called Apink’s agency claiming that he planted a bomb at the venue of the group’s album showcase. No bomb was found and the event proceeded under tight security.

Last November, a call was made to the press conference venue of the drama “Untouchable,” which stars Apink member Eun-ji. Police did not find any bomb.

During the V Live broadcast, Apink assured fans that they will see them at their upcoming concert titled “Pink Space 2018” that will be held on Jan. 12 and 13 in Seoul.

“We will have time to see you soon. We have a concert next week,” they said.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Related Posts