YG Entertainment issues statement on Seungri’s club issues » Manila Bulletin Entertainment

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

YG Entertainment issues statement on Seungri’s club issues

By:

Published

YG Entertainment founder Yang Hyun Suk has issued a statement regarding controversy involving a club where Big Bang member Seungri served as board member.

A man reported that he was assaulted by the club’s exec and security on Nov. 24 last year. A video also surfaced showing a woman being dragged by a club security personnel.

Seungri (Instagram)

Seungri (Instagram)

“On the scandal regarding Seungri’s club, I wanted to respond as fast as possible after ascertaining and verifying facts, but it was uncertain whether YG should announce an official statement since the private businesses operated by artists have no relationship to the agency, and there have been difficulties in ascertaining and verifying facts,” according to a statement issued by Yang Hyun Suk, founder of YG Entertainment, on Jan. 31 and posted on the agency’s blog.

He said regarding the assault, upon checking, it was revealed that “Seungri was at the scene until 3 AM on November 24, the date of the accident, while the outbreak happened that day after 6 AM.”

Yang also explained that Seungri resigned as a club board member to follow the law regarding his military enlistment, which will be in March or April this year.

“The reason why Seungri resigned from the club’s board member status is to abide by the laws regarding his upcoming military service, as Seungri is soon to be enlisted on March or April as an active soldier,” he added.

The law prohibits military personnel from serving in any capacity as partner, manager, initiator or board member in any business.

“Due to the law, it has been verified that Seungri is in the process of resigning from all CEO and board member positions in not only the club, but also other enterprises he is registered on. Seungri himself is deeply apologetic towards the fans who may have been worried due to the occurrence of this event and was about to reveal his position with words of apology, but I told him to put it on hold for a while,” Yang explained.

Seungri will explain his position “after the incident was examined more clearly in detail through investigation. The current situation seems to be focused on demanding drug tests which are irrelevant to the assault case. For the fans who may be worried, I will state some brief facts.”

Yang said Seungri was investigated by prosecutors and his drug test turned out to be negative.

“Seungri has recently been heavily examined by the prosecution with a search and seizure warrant due to numerous groundless reports, and it has been clearly verified that he is clean through all tests including urine and hair examinations,” he said.

Yang added, “I sincerely apologize for not being able to greet you with good news in a New Year’s greeting, and will come back with joyful news regarding the new releases of YG artists including news on BLACKPINK’s upcoming single, the selection criteria and debut plans of YG TREASURE BOX, WINNER, and iKON.”

Tags: , , ,

Related Posts